This location is one of our most versatile spots. It provides members great access to the Chesapeake in less than 15 min., and to a handful of local Dock & Dine choices. The South River provides our fishing enthusiast an abundance of “spots” – can’t tell you where, of course! It is a straight shot to a beautiful local landmark - a much-photographed 1800s lighthouse known for its bright white exterior, as well as national parks and easy access to Kent Island.
Fun things to do and explore:
• Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse – built in the 1800s!
• Kent Island
• St. Michaels and historic Easton
• Wye Island Natural Resources Management Area
Here are some of the top cruising places some of our Maryland club members love:
• Annapolis City Dock for its quaint restaurants, shops, and the best ice cream.
• Cantler’s Riverside Inn right up Mill Creek for the freshest crab cakes and seafood.
• Kentmorr Restaurant. With a tiki bar, calypso music, volleyball, hammocks, and more you will feel like you have gone to the BVI’s for a day.
• St. Michaels known for the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.
• Town of Oxford a waterfront town and former colonial port.
PLEASE NOTE: A Boater Education Card from Maryland or your home state must be in your possession. You need education if you were born after July 1, 1972, and will be operating a boat or PWC in Maryland. You can take the boaters safety course online for free at https://www.boat-ed.com/maryland/.
Check out our destination guide!
Independently owned and operated by Freedom Yacht & Boat Club of Maryland